Friday, July 11, 2008

Rides

We saw a number of types of transportation while at Yellowstone that are worthy of comment.

I fell in love with these tour buses. They were made in the late '30's by Crown Coach Corporation. Each bus has a unique story about how they came to be at Yellowstone. I was impressed by the quality of their restoration. They look like brand new buses, inside and out. The interior and the mechanical's have all been updated to improve safety and reliability (I noticed that they had a Ford drive train with a Triton V10 engine). We didn't take a tour on one of these buses, but we are going on a similar bus once we get to Glacier.


We saw these rental RV's all over the place.

I'm not sure what it costs to rent one of these, but I can guarantee that it is cheaper than buying one if you're only going to use it once. This might be a good option for anyone who wants to go on an RV trip but doesn't want to buy one.

We saw this motorcyle/side car in West Yellowstone.


I'm not sure if this is a vintage bike, or a new bike that has been made to look vintage. That's the thing about those BMW bikes... their look is timeless.

Other interesting vehicles.


Here is a vehicle that I couldn't identify.

I'm pretty sure that it's not an import. Some of these new hybrids look kid of funky, but this one takes the cake. I wonder how many mpb's this vehicle gets? (mpb – miles per bale of hay... get it?).

No comments: