Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Turn

By our third day in Moab, I couldn't stand it any more. I had to have me some desert. So I went out and rented a couple of side-by-side ATV's.

These particular ones were Yamaha Rhino's, and boy were they a blast. The four of us agree that this was the most fun we've had (except for the part about getting lost in the desert and running out of water). I'm not going to elaborate.... it all came out OK!








When we stopped to gas-up the ATV's on our way out, we saw this old school house out beside the gas station.

It turns out that it was part of a movie set for "Riders of the Purple Sage". They were going to tear it down after the filming was over, but the owner of the gas station traded them three cases of beer for it, and had it disassembled and moved out beside his store. It certainly gives people a reason to pull into his station. That, and the fact that there isn't another station for miles...

No comments: